To see every abandoned baby united into a loving family.
Sinakekele Children is committed to:
- Following the example of Our Lord Jesus Christ in affirming the sanctity and dignity of children.
- Providing a safe and loving environment for orphaned and abandoned babies.
- Upholding and promoting children’s rights.
- Bringing hope to orphaned and abandoned babies who are innocent victims of the AIDS pandemic.
- Ensuring the spiritual, psychological, physical and moral well being of the babies.
Sinakekele Children will provide care for abandoned babies affected by/infected with HIV/AIDS, in the following manner:
- Short term respite care e.g. should a mother suddenly be hospitalised as a result of AIDS, or other illness.
- Interim care for abandoned babies, while “forever families” are found.
- Permanent care for babies who have not found “forever families” by the age of 3.
- Support groups for adoptive families in the community.
(a) The organisation’s main objectives are to:
- Provide a safe and loving home for abandoned and orphaned babies.
- Participate in and contribute to the education, nurturing and raising of abandoned and orphaned babies into valuable, confident, and productive members of society.
- Meet the needs of these babies: Spiritual, psychological, educational and moral.
- Pro-actively find “forever” families for our babies.
(b) The organisation’s secondary objectives are to:
- Provide interim care to babies awaiting permanent placement.
- Provide support to foster/adoptive parents in the community.
- Encourage and provide an opportunity for the community to participate in the nurturing of our babies.